C++ - Redhat

This is a discussion on C++ - Redhat ; I'm starting to learn to progran in C++. OK like all newbies the first program is the hello world program. How do you get it to run? I'm useing Fedora....

  1. C++

    I'm starting to learn to progran in C++. OK like all newbies the first
    program is the hello world program. How do you get it to run? I'm
    useing Fedora.

  2. Re: C++

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:21:14 -0500, Bill Hennessy wrote:

    > I'm starting to learn to progran in C++. OK like all newbies the first
    > program is the hello world program. How do you get it to run? I'm
    > useing Fedora.

    ----- begin file hello.C -----
    #include
    using namespace std;
    main() { cout << "hello, world\n"; }
    ------ end file hello.C ------

    $ g++ hello.C
    $ ./a.out
    hello, world

    'man g++' for more info.

    For non-trivial programs, you'll want to grok configure and make.

+ Reply to Thread