print PDF file from command line to postscript file - Redhat

This is a discussion on print PDF file from command line to postscript file - Redhat ; How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that: 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else. 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps" I would like to script this so that I ...

  1. print PDF file from command line to postscript file

    How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that:

    1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else.
    2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps"

    I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal.

  2. Re: print PDF file from command line to postscript file

    In article , luther wrote:
    > How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that:
    >
    > 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else.
    > 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps"
    >
    > I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal.

    Have you looked into the 'pdf2ps' and 'pdftops' programs? I
    don't know whether they can be told to convert a single page
    out of the middle of the document, though. If they can't,
    it __MIGHT__ be possible, depending on the internal
    structure of the .ps file to post-process the .ps file to
    get rid of the other pages. Or, perhaps there's a utility
    somewhere that can extract a single page from inside a .ps
    file.

    Good luck.

    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net