MP3 support restore for Redhat 9 - Redhat

This is a discussion on MP3 support restore for Redhat 9 - Redhat ; Hello, I was trying to restore the mp3 support in redhat 9 (Gnome). I have followed the steps as suggested in GuruLabs, but it did not really work. I have few mp3's on my desktop. After i installed the xmms*mp3*.rpm ...

  1. MP3 support restore for Redhat 9

    Hello,
    I was trying to restore the mp3 support in redhat 9 (Gnome). I
    have followed the steps as suggested in GuruLabs, but it did not
    really work. I have few mp3's on my desktop. After i installed the
    xmms*mp3*.rpm from guru labs, i tried opening up a mp3 file. The
    slider in the player just slides so fast and there is no sound. Can
    some one give me the step by step procedure to restore the support.
    Thanks in advance.

    Prasanth S.

  2. Re: MP3 support restore for Redhat 9

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:34:01 -0700, Prasanth S. thoughtfully wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I was trying to restore the mp3 support in redhat 9 (Gnome). I
    > have followed the steps as suggested in GuruLabs, but it did not
    > really work. I have few mp3's on my desktop. After i installed the
    > xmms*mp3*.rpm from guru labs, i tried opening up a mp3 file. The
    > slider in the player just slides so fast and there is no sound. Can
    > some one give me the step by step procedure to restore the support.
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Prasanth S.

    Chances are xmmx is configured with the wrong sound driver
    xmms ctrl-p for preferences. My xmms uses esound drivers, listening to an
    mp3 now with xmms.

  3. Re: MP3 support restore for Redhat 9

    Noi,
    Perfect. Thanks a lot.