Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic - Redhat

This is a discussion on Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic - Redhat ; Anyone know if the "Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic" works with Fedora Core 1? This is one of those cheapo nics ($6 or so) and the support website for it doesn't list the actual chipset used. I've got an ...

  1. Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic

    Anyone know if the "Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic" works
    with Fedora Core 1? This is one of those cheapo nics ($6 or so) and
    the support website for it doesn't list the actual chipset used. I've
    got an older nic that isn't playing well with the tulip driver, and
    was going to swap it out for one of these. If no one knows I'll give
    it a go and report back.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic

    "John" wrote in message
    news:d9403f47.0404211019.4dc323f0@posting.google.c om...
    > Anyone know if the "Airlink Asohovia 10/100 PCI ethernet nic" works
    > with Fedora Core 1? This is one of those cheapo nics ($6 or so) and
    > the support website for it doesn't list the actual chipset used. I've
    > got an older nic that isn't playing well with the tulip driver, and
    > was going to swap it out for one of these. If no one knows I'll give
    > it a go and report back.

    Guess not.

    I got a pair of these, dropped them into the Fedora Core 1 box, rebooted,
    and they're working fine. Detected as
    "VIA VT6105 Rhine-III"

    Anyway, problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread