texinfo RPM problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on texinfo RPM problem - Redhat ; Hi, I am trying to install makeinfo, which requires texinfo, which in turn requires htmlinfo. I got a htmlinfo RPM to install, but texinfo still won't install: it complains about there being no file /etc/trustix-release. I am getting all RPMs ...

  1. texinfo RPM problem

    Hi,

    I am trying to install makeinfo, which requires texinfo, which in turn
    requires htmlinfo.

    I got a htmlinfo RPM to install, but texinfo still won't install: it
    complains about there being no file /etc/trustix-release.

    I am getting all RPMs off the `net. Here's what my computer says.
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong, please?

    Thanks

    [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm
    warning: texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    c2bd224b
    error: Failed dependencies:
    htmlinfo is needed by texinfo-4.6-3tr
    [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i htmlinfo-0.1.5-13tr.noarch.rpm
    warning: htmlinfo-0.1.5-13tr.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
    ID c2bd224b
    [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm
    warning: texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    c2bd224b
    No /etc/trustix-release, something is wrong.
    error: %post(texinfo-4.6-3tr) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
    [root@localhost travis]#

  2. Re: texinfo RPM problem

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:51:24 -0700, Travis Perkins wrote:

    > I am trying to install makeinfo, which requires texinfo, which in turn
    > requires htmlinfo.
    >
    > I got a htmlinfo RPM to install, but texinfo still won't install: it
    > complains about there being no file /etc/trustix-release.
    >
    > I am getting all RPMs off the `net. Here's what my computer says.
    > Can anyone tell me what is wrong, please?

    Looks like your texinfo RPM is specifically intended for the Trustix
    distro. Look for one specifically intended for your version of RH.

    > [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm
    > warning: texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    > c2bd224b
    > error: Failed dependencies:
    > htmlinfo is needed by texinfo-4.6-3tr
    > [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i htmlinfo-0.1.5-13tr.noarch.rpm
    > warning: htmlinfo-0.1.5-13tr.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
    > ID c2bd224b
    > [root@localhost travis]# rpm -i texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm
    > warning: texinfo-4.6-3tr.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    > c2bd224b
    > No /etc/trustix-release, something is wrong.
    > error: %post(texinfo-4.6-3tr) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
    > [root@localhost travis]#

+ Reply to Thread