Help!!!! --- RedHat Linux 6.1 cannot detect my network card, what should I do - Redhat

This is a discussion on Help!!!! --- RedHat Linux 6.1 cannot detect my network card, what should I do - Redhat ; I have a question when i install RedHat 6.1 on my PII 200 MMX box with 48M memory and 2G HD. It has 3COM network card. I used to install win2k on it, there is no problem with the network ...

  1. Help!!!! --- RedHat Linux 6.1 cannot detect my network card, what should I do

    I have a question when i install RedHat 6.1 on my PII 200 MMX box with
    48M memory and 2G HD. It has 3COM network card. I used to install
    win2k on it, there is no problem with the network card, when I changed
    to RH 6.1, it report the network card not found. What's the hack? How
    can I manually test the network card and configure it out? Thanks.

    Oliver

  2. Re: Help!!!! --- RedHat Linux 6.1 cannot detect my network card, what should I do

    Op Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:59:34 -0700, schreef Oliver Yao de volgende
    woorden:

    > I have a question when i install RedHat 6.1 on my PII 200 MMX box with
    > 48M memory and 2G HD. It has 3COM network card. I used to install
    > win2k on it, there is no problem with the network card, when I changed
    > to RH 6.1, it report the network card not found. What's the hack? How
    > can I manually test the network card and configure it out? Thanks.
    >
    > Oliver

    Red hat 6.1 is old, very very old (almost 5 years) and there has been a
    lot of change in the last 5 years. Get yourself a new red hat (9.0) or a
    Fedora core 1. It is not because your pc is not new that you have to run
    old software (at least not with real software ). I would recommend to
    install without grafical shell (and certainly no kde or gnome).

    These newer versions will probably support your network card.

    Dirk

    --
    carpe noctem

+ Reply to Thread