automount problem - Redhat

This is a discussion on automount problem - Redhat ; using RH9 I am getting the following error- Failed mounts: /misc/.directory File Lookup Failure 41 Time(s) problem is that I can not find the place where this is being attempted. Any help appreciated....

  1. automount problem

    using RH9
    I am getting the following error-
    Failed mounts:
    /misc/.directory File Lookup Failure 41 Time(s)

    problem is that I can not find the place where this is being attempted.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: automount problem

    take a look at /etc/auto.master and /etc/auto.misc files

    "Your name" wrote in message
    news:5329378.0404191020.1b57d834@posting.google.co m...
    > using RH9
    > I am getting the following error-
    > Failed mounts:
    > /misc/.directory File Lookup Failure 41 Time(s)
    >

    > problem is that I can not find the place where this is being attempted.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

  3. Re: automount problem

    "TC" wrote in message news:...
    > take a look at /etc/auto.master and /etc/auto.misc files

    I did but I didn't see the problem directory/file listed.

    cat /etc/auto.master
    # $Id: auto.master,v 1.2 1997/10/06 21:52:03 hpa Exp $
    # Sample auto.master file
    # Format of this file:
    # mountpoint map options
    # For details of the format look at autofs(8).
    # /misc /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
    /misc /etc/auto.misc

    cat /etc/auto.misc
    # $Id: auto.misc,v 1.2 1997/10/06 21:52:04 hpa Exp $
    # This is an automounter map and it has the following format
    # key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
    # Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage

    cd -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

    # the following entries are samples to pique your imagination
    #linux -ro,soft,intr ftp.example.org:/pub/linux
    #boot -fstype=ext2 :/dev/hda1
    #floppy -fstype=auto :/dev/fd0
    #floppy -fstype=ext2 :/dev/fd0
    #e2floppy -fstype=ext2 :/dev/fd0