RedHat 9.2 Networking with a windows lan - Redhat

This is a discussion on RedHat 9.2 Networking with a windows lan - Redhat ; I have just installed redhat 9.2 on my system, it installs alright, but i cannot connect to the net through my lan server which is a win xp machine. why is this so? and how can i resolve it to ...

  1. RedHat 9.2 Networking with a windows lan

    I have just installed redhat 9.2 on my system, it installs alright,
    but i cannot connect to the net through my lan server which is a win
    xp machine. why is this so? and how can i resolve it to browse the net
    along with other systems running windows on my lan? will appreciate
    any help because i have been incommunicado since the installation of
    the redhat. i have not been on the net since then. thanks.

  2. Re: RedHat 9.2 Networking with a windows lan

    On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:01:41 -0700, Eze Uba wrote:

    > I have just installed redhat 9.2 on my system,

    redhat 9.2 ?

  3. Re: RedHat 9.2 Networking with a windows lan

    ezeuba1@yahoo.com (Eze Uba) wrote in message news:<7ce01be0.0404190501.250cd8b6@posting.google.com>...
    > I have just installed redhat 9.2 on my system, it installs alright,
    > but i cannot connect to the net through my lan server which is a win
    > xp machine. why is this so? and how can i resolve it to browse the net
    > along with other systems running windows on my lan? will appreciate
    > any help because i have been incommunicado since the installation of
    > the redhat. i have not been on the net since then. thanks.

    Hi,

    I would recommend that you install samba if it has not been installed
    by default. It is well documented so you should not have a problem
    getting it up and running. I would strongly advise you to install
    version 3 as it makes life much simpler.

    Here is a link to the main howto
    http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/docs...Collection.pdf

    regards
    Jalvin