Linux RH 8 installation method problem.... HELP! - Redhat

This is a discussion on Linux RH 8 installation method problem.... HELP! - Redhat ; Hi When I am installing, I get to the Installation Method and there is no choice of Local CDROM. I see this ------------------------------------ Installation Method What type of media contains the packages to be installed? Hard Drive OK Back ---------------------------- ...

  1. Linux RH 8 installation method problem.... HELP!

    ------------------------------------
    Installation Method

    What type of media contains the
    packages to be installed?

    Hard Drive

    OK Back

    ----------------------------
    There is only one choice, HARD DRIVE!!!! I Only can choose to install
    packages from Hard Drive. I want and expected to be able to choose
    Local CDROM

    I am attempting to install RH8 on a P4 D865perl MB System.
    I am using a rocketRaid 1520 card.

    During the install, I used these options

    linux text expert hde=noprobe hdf=noprobe hdg=noprobe hdh=noprobe

    I have tried a different CDROM
    I have tried to use master and then slave settings on the cd rom
    drive.
    Nothing has helped.

    Any help would be great.
    I can be mailed directly at

    bobp@nei.com

    Thanks you so much in advance

    Bob Proebstel

  2. Re: Linux RH 8 installation method problem.... HELP!

    I take it you have already tried to enable booting from the CDrom in the
    bios options? Another question, when the computer is booting up, on the
    very first 'post' screen where it shows drives, are you seeing your Cd
    appear there?
    I'm also curious as to why you would choose the 'text' option with all
    those parameters, what's wrong with the default 'graphic' install?

    Henry.

    --
    henry
    henry's Profile: http://foto-finder.com/vbtest/member...tinfo&userid=2