dns server configuation - Redhat

This is a discussion on dns server configuation - Redhat ; Hi, I am using the RH linux V9.0. So now, I am installing a DNS server for my network which is NAT, I want to know : 1. resolv.conf use what IP for the DNS Server i. the internal IP ...

  1. dns server configuation

    Hi,

    I am using the RH linux V9.0.

    So now, I am installing a DNS server for my network which is NAT, I want to know :

    1. resolv.conf use what IP for the DNS Server
    i. the internal IP ( LAN after NAT ) or the external ( public ) IP ?

    2. for the zone file and the reserve file, what IP do I use ?

    Thank you

  2. Re: dns server configuation

    Can you clarify a bit more. Are you trying to connect to another
    linux box on which you have set up DNS or is DNS on the box in
    question? Is the DNS server inside you LAN or in a DMZ? Are you
    trying to resolve internal names e.g. intranet only or external names
    e.g. web site? Is this a master DNS server?

    If you give a bit more detail I will try to help you through the
    install.

    regards
    Jalvin

    Prepare to be tested