hi -

I'm running RH 9.0 (kernel version 2.4.20) and am having problems with
glibc when I try to compile it. I've downloaded glibc-2.3.2 and
glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.2, untarred (linuxthreads inside the
glibc-2.3.2 directory as instructed by the readme file). I created
another glibc-build directory, and configured with --enable-add-ons
and --prefix flags.

When I type make, I sometimes get seg. faults (followed by "submit a
bug report"). Most of the time though, my desktop just hangs, and I
can only do a manual reboot (by pressing the reset button). I've tried
this about ten-fifteen times, once I could get it to compile, but
"make check" didn't work, and I'm just curious about what may be going
on. Every time, I "rm -rf *" all related files, fresh download the
tars, and try again.

Any ideas/help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Ozgun.