On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:12:35 +0100, ruud

>Charles Manson wrote:
>> I have installed this.
>> I have configured wvdial to connect to my ISP, and resolv.conf is
>> complete. At the moment, all pings return "HOST UNREACHABLE" messages and
>> i cant browse.
>> How do i have the machine route from its own 192.168.100 address to the
>> net?

>echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp

He can't ping from the Linux box, Enabling forwarding (which he
probably wants anyway) or enabling proxyarp (otherwise known as a hack
for devices that are too stupid to have a gateway setting) isn't going
to help.

For the OP, do you have IPTables running? Try stopping IPTables with
"service iptables stop" .

Second, try posting your output from 'ifconfig -a'.