How to combine .mp3 files? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to combine .mp3 files? - Redhat ; I'm ripping a CD using kaudiocreator, and it splits up each CD into about 90 .mp3 files. I don't believe you can simply "cat" these files together, since the ID3 tag information would interfere. Is there any way to safely ...

  1. How to combine .mp3 files?

    I'm ripping a CD using kaudiocreator, and it splits up each
    CD into about 90 .mp3 files. I don't believe you can simply
    "cat" these files together, since the ID3 tag information would
    interfere. Is there any way to safely combine .mp3 files into
    one or more larger .mp3 file?

    TIA

  2. Re: How to combine .mp3 files?

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:16:30 -0400, somebody wrote this:

    > I'm ripping a CD using kaudiocreator, and it splits up each CD into about
    > 90 .mp3 files. I don't believe you can simply "cat" these files together,
    > since the ID3 tag information would interfere. Is there any way to safely
    > combine .mp3 files into one or more larger .mp3 file?
    >

    > TIA

    If the CD has 90 tracks on it why would you combine the 90 mp3 files and
    their ID3 tags? If the CD doesn't have 90 tracks then you've done
    something wrong ripping the CD in kaudiocreator.

    You can also use K3B to rip CDs.

+ Reply to Thread