If I type aboutlugins, I get a screen that says, in part:

Shockwave Flash

File name: libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31

Now originally, when I installed that version, I got sight but no sound at
all. I groped around the web and found I should get flashsupport.c, make a
slight change in it, compile it, and install it. Which I did. Now I get
sound as well as the pictures. But when I leave the page with the link to a
Flash, it spins, but never obeys any input again. I can kill the Firefox and
start over, but that is not really satisfactory.

Am I missing something?

Is it sufficient to wait for RHEL 5 that is due out one of these days?

^^-^^ 13:55:01 up 8 days, 2:18, 3 users, load average: 4.46, 4.25, 4.13