Drag and drop broken in Firefox and Thunderbird - Redhat

This is a discussion on Drag and drop broken in Firefox and Thunderbird - Redhat ; Under Fedora Core 6 using Firefox 1.5.0.9 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9, I can no longer drag and drop bookmarks. I browse to a web site, then press Ctrl-B to display the bookmarks on the left side of the screen. Then I ...

  1. Drag and drop broken in Firefox and Thunderbird

    Under Fedora Core 6 using Firefox 1.5.0.9 and Thunderbird
    1.5.0.9, I can no longer drag and drop bookmarks. I browse
    to a web site, then press Ctrl-B to display the bookmarks
    on the left side of the screen. Then I click on the icon
    in the URL bar on the left (Where you type URL's) and drag
    it to the bookmarks. The mouse pointer turns into a hand,
    then the little cross with a paper behind it, but when I hover
    over the bookmarks, drag and drop mouse pointer disappears,
    and the bookmark is not there. I'm using XFCE for a desktop,
    but I get the same behavior under KDE. Anyone else seen this
    behavior?

    -Thanks

  2. Re: Drag and drop broken in Firefox and Thunderbird - SOLUTION

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:12:28 -0500, Fred wrote:

    > Under Fedora Core 6 using Firefox 1.5.0.9 and Thunderbird
    > 1.5.0.9, I can no longer drag and drop bookmarks. I browse
    > to a web site, then press Ctrl-B to display the bookmarks
    > on the left side of the screen. Then I click on the icon
    > in the URL bar on the left (Where you type URL's) and drag
    > it to the bookmarks. The mouse pointer turns into a hand,
    > then the little cross with a paper behind it, but when I hover
    > over the bookmarks, drag and drop mouse pointer disappears,
    > and the bookmark is not there. I'm using XFCE for a desktop,
    > but I get the same behavior under KDE. Anyone else seen this
    > behavior?
    >

    > -Thanks

    I upgraded from 1.5.0.9-1 to 1.5.0.9-3. Drag and drop
    is now working again.

+ Reply to Thread