Fedora Core >3 interrupts http stream because of read error - Redhat

This is a discussion on Fedora Core >3 interrupts http stream because of read error - Redhat ; Hello, I encountered a strange problem with Fedora Core versions 4+: when downloading the page http://cash-online.de/start.php via wget it downloads 13% and then suddenly stops. After some minutes it displays a read error because of a timeout, continues to 27% ...

  1. Fedora Core >3 interrupts http stream because of read error

    Hello,

    I encountered a strange problem with Fedora Core versions 4+: when
    downloading the page

    http://cash-online.de/start.php

    via wget it downloads 13% and then suddenly stops. After some minutes
    it displays a read error because of a timeout, continues to 27% and
    stops again, and so on:

    >wget http://www.cash-online.de/start.php

    --07:22:41-- http://www.cash-online.de/start.php
    Resolving www.cash-online.de... 213.191.74.117
    Connecting to www.cash-online.de|213.191.74.117|:80... connected.
    Length: 31859 (31K) [text/html]
    Saving to: `start.php.3'

    13% [====> ] 4,454 --.-K/s in
    15m 0s

    07:37:41 (4.95 B/s) - Read error at byte 4454/31859 (Connection timed
    out). Retrying.

    --07:37:42-- (try: 2) http://www.cash-online.de/start.php
    Connecting to www.cash-online.de|213.191.74.117|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
    Length: 31859 (31K), 27405 (27K) remaining [text/html]
    Saving to: `start.php.3.1'

    27% [+++++=====> ] 8,767 --.-K/s in
    15m 0s

    07:52:43 (4.79 B/s) - Read error at byte 8767/31859 (Connection timed
    out). Retrying.

    --07:52:45-- (try: 3) http://www.cash-online.de/start.php
    Connecting to www.cash-online.de|213.191.74.117|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
    Length: 31859 (31K), 23092 (23K) remaining [text/html]
    Saving to: `start.php.3.1.1'

    44% [+++++++++++=====> ] 14,291 --.-K/s in
    15m 0s

    08:07:46 (6.14 B/s) - Read error at byte 14291/31859 (Connection timed
    out). Retrying.
    --08:07:49-- (try: 4) http://www.cash-online.de/start.php
    Connecting to www.cash-online.de|213.191.74.117|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
    Length: 31859 (31K), 17568 (17K) remaining [text/html]
    Saving to: `start.php.3.1.1.1'

    58% [+++++++++++++++++=====> ] 18,536 --.-K/s in
    15m 0s

    I tried it on Fedora Core 4 and 6, and it is not the firewall, I tried
    iptables at home and checkpoint at work, it is the same problem at
    every location. Servers with Fedora Core 2 and 3 can download the page
    specified without any problem.

    If you have got Fedora Core 4+ at home please try it yourself, I would
    be very pleased if you can provide me some information about solving
    this issue.

    Regards, Christian

  2. Re: Fedora Core >3 interrupts http stream because of read error

    hi christian,

    i have absolutly the same problem with some URLīs and OS > fc3 !

    it would be very cool if we can find a solution...

    thanks&greets

    jakob

+ Reply to Thread