Once RH9 system boots, auto login is possible, also auto opening of one termanal possible? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Once RH9 system boots, auto login is possible, also auto opening of one termanal possible? - Redhat ; Guys, I am running some scripts from terminal window, sometimes system reboots, once system boots successfully, Is it possible to do auto login?. also open terminal window automatically, whihc is the right file if I want to do auto login ...

  1. Once RH9 system boots, auto login is possible, also auto opening of one termanal possible?

    Guys,

    I am running some scripts from terminal window, sometimes system
    reboots, once system boots successfully, Is it possible to do auto
    login?. also open terminal window automatically, whihc is the right
    file if I want to do auto login and auto opening of terminal, thanks in
    advance.

    I rreally need this auto login facility since I am doing some testing
    (sometimes I need to reboot the system).

  2. Re: Once RH9 system boots, auto login is possible, also auto openingof one termanal possible?

    GS wrote:
    > Guys,
    >
    > I am running some scripts from terminal window, sometimes system
    > reboots,

    Without your asking it to? If so, that is usually a hardware fault.
    If you are asking it to reboot, why are you asking it to reboot so often as
    to make logging in so burdensome?

    > once system boots successfully, Is it possible to do auto
    > login?.

    I do not know, but I sure hope not. That would be a serious security flaw.
    As which user do you want to log in? How would the system know that?

    I suppose you could have it start up in run state 1 (single-user mode), but
    you probably will not like it.

    > also open terminal window automatically, whihc is the right
    > file if I want to do auto login and auto opening of terminal, thanks in
    > advance.

    What file are you talking about?

    > I rreally need this auto login facility since I am doing some testing
    > (sometimes I need to reboot the system).

    What are you testing that you need to reboot so much? Are you doing kernel
    development?

    ^^-^^ 06:35:01 up 34 days, 9:04, 3 users, load average: 4.53, 4.18, 4.05

  3. Re: Once RH9 system boots, auto login is possible, also auto openingof one termanal possible?

    GS wrote:
    > Guys,
    >
    > I am running some scripts from terminal window, sometimes system
    > reboots, once system boots successfully, Is it possible to do auto
    > login?. also open terminal window automatically, whihc is the right
    > file if I want to do auto login and auto opening of terminal, thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > I rreally need this auto login facility since I am doing some testing
    > (sometimes I need to reboot the system).

    There's a section near the bottom of this page which might help you:

    http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jtl/RH/

    --
    Ed Hurst

+ Reply to Thread