Are the YUM repositories screwed up today? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Are the YUM repositories screwed up today? - Redhat ; I've been trying to do an update on one of my FC5 machines today and I'm getting checksum errors from all of the mirrors, http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/f...rimary.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum...

  1. Are the YUM repositories screwed up today?

    I've been trying to do an update on one of my FC5 machines today and I'm
    getting checksum errors from all of the mirrors,

    http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/f...rimary.xml.gz:
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

  2. Re: Are the YUM repositories screwed up today?

    General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    > I've been trying to do an update on one of my FC5 machines today and I'm
    > getting checksum errors from all of the mirrors,

    I had no trouble with CentOS, and there are many shared mirrors for that
    and FC. However, CentOS uses a yum plugin to check for the fastest
    mirror, so I can't be sure which one it checked.

    --
    Ed Hurst
    ------------

  3. Re: Are the YUM repositories screwed up today?

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:11:49 +0000, Ed Hurst wrote:

    > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >> I've been trying to do an update on one of my FC5 machines today and I'm
    >> getting checksum errors from all of the mirrors,

    > I had no trouble with CentOS, and there are many shared mirrors for that
    > and FC. However, CentOS uses a yum plugin to check for the fastest
    > mirror, so I can't be sure which one it checked.

    I was thinking that someone distributed a corrupted repository to all the
    mirrors. I was able to get my update eventually so maybe it's cleared up
    now.

+ Reply to Thread