Optical Mice - Redhat

This is a discussion on Optical Mice - Redhat ; I was wondering how do you go about installing a optical mouse in Linux. I have a dual boot system with Win XP Pro and Fedora Core 3 and would like to upgrade my existing ball mouse to an optical ...

  1. Optical Mice

    I was wondering how do you go about installing a optical mouse in Linux.

    I have a dual boot system with Win XP Pro and Fedora Core 3 and would like
    to upgrade my existing ball mouse to an optical one and the only mouse that
    I like the look and feel of is the MS Optical mouse with the PS/2 and USB
    connector.

    So is it possible to install a MS optical mouse in FC3 ?

    Thanks.

    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    ------------------------------------
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

  2. Re: Optical Mice

    On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:07:01 +0800, Sandgroper wrote:

    > I was wondering how do you go about installing a optical mouse in Linux.
    >
    > I have a dual boot system with Win XP Pro and Fedora Core 3 and would like
    > to upgrade my existing ball mouse to an optical one and the only mouse that
    > I like the look and feel of is the MS Optical mouse with the PS/2 and USB
    > connector.
    >
    > So is it possible to install a MS optical mouse in FC3 ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Just plug it in, all mice work with Linux.

  3. Re: Optical Mice

    "General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.06.16.02.27.16.162498@yahoo.com...
    > On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:07:01 +0800, Sandgroper wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering how do you go about installing a optical mouse in Linux.
    >>
    >> I have a dual boot system with Win XP Pro and Fedora Core 3 and would
    >> like
    >> to upgrade my existing ball mouse to an optical one and the only mouse
    >> that
    >> I like the look and feel of is the MS Optical mouse with the PS/2 and USB
    >> connector.
    >>
    >> So is it possible to install a MS optical mouse in FC3 ?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Just plug it in, all mice work with Linux.

    I wasn't sure if an MS optical mouse would work with linux because I though
    it would need the MS drivers.
    Anyway , I did what you said and just plugged the mouse in and started up
    FC3 and the mouse works fine.
    Thanks .

    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

+ Reply to Thread