How to make kppp script click the continue button? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to make kppp script click the continue button? - Redhat ; Dear All, I have the following kppp script to be used in the script mode. Expect login: ID Expect Password: Password Pause 2 # This works fine except that I need to manually click the Continue button which appears after ...

  1. How to make kppp script click the continue button?

    Dear All,
    I have the following kppp script to be used in the script mode.

    Expect login:
    ID
    Expect Password:
    Password
    Pause 2
    #

    This works fine except that I need to manually click the Continue
    button which appears after my password has been verified. Is there any
    way to automate this?

    Thanks in anticipation.

  2. Re: How to make kppp script click the continue button?

    mmasroorali@cse.buet.ac.bd writes:

    >Dear All,
    >I have the following kppp script to be used in the script mode.

    >Expect login:
    >ID
    >Expect Password:
    >Password
    >Pause 2
    >#

    This is to put it mildly insane. kppp is a gui interface to a bunch of
    command line programs, which you now want to convert back to a command
    line.

    Just use chat/pppd , which is what kppp uses behind all it gui bunff.

    >This works fine except that I need to manually click the Continue
    >button which appears after my password has been verified. Is there any
    >way to automate this?

    Yes, do not use kppp.