Add/remove applications in FC5 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Add/remove applications in FC5 - Redhat ; * I can't add/remove any applicatons in FC5; /usr/bin/pirut returns "Unable to retrieve software information"; Yum gives the same response. A few packages can be added using RPM with the installation DVD but this is impractical in the long run ...

  1. Add/remove applications in FC5

    * I can't add/remove any applicatons in FC5; /usr/bin/pirut returns
    "Unable to retrieve software information"; Yum gives the same response.
    A few packages can be added using RPM with the installation DVD but
    this is impractical in the long run due to dependencies.
    Any ideas?

    *

  2. Re: Add/remove applications in FC5

    Terry Dwyer wrote:

    > * I can't add/remove any applicatons in FC5; /usr/bin/pirut returns
    > "Unable to retrieve software information"; Yum gives the same response.
    > A few packages can be added using RPM with the installation DVD but
    > this is impractical in the long run due to dependencies.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > *

    check out this link - explains that so far pirut relies on network access
    to update - for local updates you have edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
    > http://www.city-fan.org/tips/YumRepoFromImages

  3. Re: Add/remove applications in FC5

    Terry Dwyer wrote:

    > * I can't add/remove any applicatons in FC5; /usr/bin/pirut returns
    > "Unable to retrieve software information"; Yum gives the same response.
    > A few packages can be added using RPM with the installation DVD but
    > this is impractical in the long run due to dependencies.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > *

    check out this link - explains that so far pirut relies on network access
    to update - for local updates you have edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
    > http://www.city-fan.org/tips/YumRepoFromImages

    Thanks for this URL; the DVD doc's reference PIRUS
    but there is no mention of this "feature".

+ Reply to Thread