I've recently upgraded my HP nx9600 from FC4 to FC5. When I installed
FC4, the sound didn't work, and I fixed it by adding 'snd-intel8x0m' to
the end of '/etc/hotplug/blacklist'. That prevented confusion between
the modem module (snd-intel8x0m) with the sound module (snd-intel8x0).
The sound worked after that.

Now with the upgrade, the sound doesn't work (again).
'/etc/hotplug/blacklist' had been renamed
'/etc/hotplug/blacklist.rpmsave'. I've tried several things, including
returning the file to it's old name. I'm stuck. Can anyone help?