Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio using an ATI Radeon 9200 grahics card. The machine
is trying to run Centos 4.2.

I find that after a few minutes the machine freezes.

I looked through a lot of webpages today and found that this graphocs
card is generally problematic with the default driver on Centos (and
other distributions).

One post said that the only option would be to either use an
alternative driver or run the machine on 2d.

I don't need 3d and so would like to switch the 3d off and use 2d.

As I'm a newbie, I don't know how to achieve this.

Please can someone give me instructions on how to disable the 3d and
use 2d. I'm a newbie and find linux still a little daunting.

Many thanks in advance,

Raj