Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts? - Redhat ; Is it possible to install FC4 or FC5 64 bit versions without installing logical mount volume managment? Almost time for the FC5 release but I'd like to install without logical volume management. Thanks...

  1. Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    Is it possible to install FC4 or FC5 64 bit versions without installing
    logical mount volume managment? Almost time for the FC5 release but I'd
    like to install without logical volume management.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    In article ,
    noi writes:
    >Is it possible to install FC4 or FC5 64 bit versions without installing
    >logical mount volume managment? Almost time for the FC5 release but I'd
    >like to install without logical volume management.
    >
    >Thanks

    yes.

    During the partitioning phase of the install, blow away the logical volume
    and just partition the physical device as appropriate.

    scott

  3. Re: Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:36:15 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote this:

    > In article ,
    > noi writes:
    >>Is it possible to install FC4 or FC5 64 bit versions without installing
    >>logical mount volume managment? Almost time for the FC5 release but I'd
    >>like to install without logical volume management.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > yes.
    >
    > During the partitioning phase of the install, blow away the logical volume
    > and just partition the physical device as appropriate.
    >
    > scott

    Great but you lost me. Could you explain what you mean by "blow
    away the logical volume"?

    Thanks

  4. Re: Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    In article <5k3Qf.19443$NS6.3981@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    noi writes:
    >On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:36:15 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote this:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> noi writes:
    >>>Is it possible to install FC4 or FC5 64 bit versions without installing
    >>>logical mount volume managment? Almost time for the FC5 release but I'd
    >>>like to install without logical volume management.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >> yes.
    >>
    >> During the partitioning phase of the install, blow away the logical volume
    >> and just partition the physical device as appropriate.
    >>
    >> scott

    >Great but you lost me. Could you explain what you mean by "blow
    >away the logical volume"?
    >
    >Thanks

    When the partition screen comes up, delete all of them. That will leave
    you with an unpartitioned disk. Then create the appropriate partitions
    (/boot, /, swap).

    scott

  5. Re: Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:42:06 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote this:

    > In article <5k3Qf.19443$NS6.3981@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    > noi writes:
    >>On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 22:36:15 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote this:

    >>> yes.
    >>>
    >>> During the partitioning phase of the install, blow away the logical
    >>> volume and just partition the physical device as appropriate.
    >>>
    >>> scott

    >>Great but you lost me. Could you explain what you mean by "blow away the
    >>logical volume"?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    > When the partition screen comes up, delete all of them. That will leave
    > you with an unpartitioned disk. Then create the appropriate partitions
    > (/boot, /, swap).
    >
    > scott

    Ok once again thanks.

  6. Re: Install FC4/FC5 without using logical volume mounts?

    noi wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:42:06 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote this:
    >

    >>In article <5k3Qf.19443$NS6.3981@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    >> noi writes:

    >>>Great but you lost me. Could you explain what you mean by "blow away the
    >>>logical volume"?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >>When the partition screen comes up, delete all of them. That will leave
    >>you with an unpartitioned disk. Then create the appropriate partitions
    >>(/boot, /, swap).
    >>
    >>scott

    > Ok once again thanks.

    Noi,

    WARNING: this means infact a new install, because all your filesystems
    will be deleted.

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra RHCE

+ Reply to Thread