Dialup server Question - Redhat

This is a discussion on Dialup server Question - Redhat ; I would like to use this system, running FC3, as my server to my other home computers all are connected through a switch. How can I do this for Linux and for Windows. How does one set up SMB server ...

  1. Dialup server Question

    I would like to use this system, running FC3, as my server to my other
    home computers all are connected through a switch. How can I do this for
    Linux and for Windows. How does one set up SMB server so Windows will
    see it? Besides the Man pages is there an easier to read setup? Thanks
    for your help.

    Jesse Benton

  2. Re: Dialup server Question

    "Jesse Benton" wrote in message
    > I would like to use this system, running FC3, as my server to my other
    > home computers all are connected through a switch. How can I do this for
    > Linux and for Windows. How does one set up SMB server so Windows will
    > see it? Besides the Man pages is there an easier to read setup? Thanks
    > for your help.

    Setting up a FC3 box as a server entails quite a lot of things , what you need
    to do is read up on some of the HOWTOs to give explanations and the
    instructions.

    Here is one link you can read up on.

    http://www.brennan.id.au/

    --
    ------------------------------------
    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    ------------------------------------
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

  3. Re: Dialup server Question

    Sandgroper wrote:
    > "Jesse Benton" wrote in message
    >
    >>I would like to use this system, running FC3, as my server to my other
    >>home computers all are connected through a switch. How can I do this for
    >>Linux and for Windows. How does one set up SMB server so Windows will
    >>see it? Besides the Man pages is there an easier to read setup? Thanks
    >>for your help.

    > Setting up a FC3 box as a server entails quite a lot of things , what you need
    > to do is read up on some of the HOWTOs to give explanations and the
    > instructions.
    >
    > Here is one link you can read up on.
    >
    > http://www.brennan.id.au/

    Thanks, This looks to be a great link. It sure beat searching the "MAN"
    pages.

  4. Re: Dialup server Question

    > Thanks, This looks to be a great link. It sure beat searching the "MAN"
    > pages.

    No probs , happy to help.

    --
    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

+ Reply to Thread