Any web development tools for Linux? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Any web development tools for Linux? - Redhat ; We are developingsmall web based application, looking for tools, web PHP SQL, here we are using vi editor to program the html code, which talks to low level database, is there any better tools which generates html code automatically?. Also ...

  1. Any web development tools for Linux?

    We are developingsmall web based application, looking for tools,
    web<-->PHP<-->SQL, here we are using vi editor to program the html
    code, which talks to low level database, is there any better tools
    which generates html code automatically?.

    Also we need to provide user login (authentication, once user/admin
    logs into the system), it should log those details, also provide the
    transaction, please let me know, if some tutorials are there.

    also we need to provide credit card authentication, how can we do that?
    (suppose if we want to order some stuff over the internet), finally, Is
    Linux is better for web server or windows based server?. Thanks.

  2. Re: Any web development tools for Linux?

    On 22 Feb 2006 04:54:13 -0800, GS wrote:

    > We are developingsmall web based application, looking for tools,
    > web<-->PHP<-->SQL, here we are using vi editor to program the html
    > code, which talks to low level database, is there any better tools
    > which generates html code automatically?.

    http://www.nvu.com/

  3. Re: Any web development tools for Linux?

    On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:24:38 +0100, Mario wrote:

    > On 22 Feb 2006 04:54:13 -0800, GS wrote:
    >
    >> We are developingsmall web based application, looking for tools,
    >> web<-->PHP<-->SQL, here we are using vi editor to program the html
    >> code, which talks to low level database, is there any better tools
    >> which generates html code automatically?.

    > http://www.nvu.com/

    Man, am I glad to see this development! Thanks! -SMB

+ Reply to Thread