command-line mouse configuration - Redhat

This is a discussion on command-line mouse configuration - Redhat ; Hi there, I have the following problem: I have to configure my mouse on every startup. I don't want to. /usr/sbin/mouseconfig does not have a man page on my Red Hat 9 box and it's dubious if it has command-line ...

  1. command-line mouse configuration

    Hi there,

    I have the following problem: I have to configure my mouse on every
    startup. I don't want to. /usr/sbin/mouseconfig does not have a man
    page on my Red Hat 9 box and it's dubious if it has command-line
    options at all. Is there any other command that I could use to set my
    mouse as IntelliMouse PS/2?

    Best Wishes

    - Gergely

  2. Re: command-line mouse configuration

    Hi again,

    I have noticed that /etc/sysconfig/mouse contains the mouse
    information. It contains the good info from booting, but still my mouse
    behaves strangely. I have dug into mouseconfig sources to look for what
    else than setting the file above happens and found

    /sbin/service gpm condrestart

    When I issue this command my mouse works as expected. I would like to
    put this command at the end of the startup process but as
    /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S85gpm -> ../init.d/gpm itself is in the init directory
    it does not seem to be elegant to put an S9xgpm there as well that
    would condrestart gpm. What is the proper solution here?

    - Gergely

  3. Re: command-line mouse configuration

    gbuday@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi again,
    >
    > I have noticed that /etc/sysconfig/mouse contains the mouse
    > information. It contains the good info from booting, but still my mouse
    > behaves strangely. I have dug into mouseconfig sources to look for what
    > else than setting the file above happens and found
    >
    > /sbin/service gpm condrestart
    >
    > When I issue this command my mouse works as expected. I would like to
    > put this command at the end of the startup process but as
    > /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S85gpm -> ../init.d/gpm itself is in the init directory
    > it does not seem to be elegant to put an S9xgpm there as well that
    > would condrestart gpm. What is the proper solution here?

    Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and put the command in....

    /sbin/service gpm condrestart

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  4. Re: command-line mouse configuration

    > Edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local and put the command in....
    >
    > /sbin/service gpm condrestart

    That did not work. It did the restart too early. I had to put it into
    /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default and it worked.

    - Gergely

+ Reply to Thread