linux 7.3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on linux 7.3 - Redhat ; I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want to burn them into CDs....

  1. linux 7.3

    I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    to burn them into CDs.

  2. Re: linux 7.3

    On 11 Feb 2006 11:53:56 -0800, "csheppard91"
    wrote:

    >I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    >to burn them into CDs.

    ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pu...ux/7.3/en/iso/

    (I suppose there might be mirrors).

  3. Re: linux 7.3

    (or subsitiute whataver abbreviation for "/en/" if you want a language
    other than English of course)

  4. Re: linux 7.3

    Thanks so much.

  5. Re: linux 7.3

    csheppard91 wrote:
    > I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    > to burn them into CDs.

    I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see someone
    else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really sure that is
    what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start running an old,
    obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a supported version.

    ^^-^^ 20:55:00 up 22 days, 12:23, 5 users, load average: 4.31, 4.59, 4.54

  6. Re: linux 7.3

    "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    > csheppard91 wrote:
    > > I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    > > to burn them into CDs.
    > >

    > I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    > supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see someone
    > else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really sure that is
    > what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start running an old,
    > obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a supported version.

    Actually RH 7.3 has another use , it can be used as a partitioning and
    formatting tool using the graphical interface of I think , DiskDruid.

    You boot into disk 1 and go through the preliminaries and then get to the
    stage of partitioning and formatting a HDD and after that is done , press
    Alt-Control-Delete to reboot the system and remove Disk 1 .
    It's a pity that DiskDruid was dropped after RH 7.3 , It's was a very handy
    tool because of the graphical interface.

    --
    ------------------------------------
    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    ------------------------------------
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

  7. Re: linux 7.3

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:59:18 GMT, Jean-David Beyer
    wrote:

    >csheppard91 wrote:
    >> I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    >> to burn them into CDs.
    >>

    >I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    >supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see someone
    >else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really sure that is
    >what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start running an old,
    >obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a supported version.

    RH7.3 and RH9 are still supported by the Fedora Legacy project,
    although of course they haven't been professionally supported by Red
    Hat for a long time. Not that there aren't advantages to getting
    something newer for general purposes, but if one has a use for them,
    it isn't like trying to use 6.2 and having no source of maintenance
    fixes at all.

  8. Re: linux 7.3

    Sandgroper wrote:
    > "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >
    >>csheppard91 wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I want
    >>>to burn them into CDs.
    >>>

    >>I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    >>supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see someone
    >>else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really sure that is
    >>what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start running an old,
    >>obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a supported version.

    > Actually RH 7.3 has another use , it can be used as a partitioning and
    > formatting tool using the graphical interface of I think , DiskDruid.
    >
    > You boot into disk 1 and go through the preliminaries and then get to the
    > stage of partitioning and formatting a HDD and after that is done , press
    > Alt-Control-Delete to reboot the system and remove Disk 1 .
    > It's a pity that DiskDruid was dropped after RH 7.3 , It's was a very handy
    > tool because of the graphical interface.

    Sandgropher,

    RHEL still uses DiskDruid in anaconda to manage partitions.

    What I miss in all versions of Red Hat also in RHEL is a DiskDruid for a
    running system (as a tool).

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit

  9. Re: linux 7.3

    Sandgroper wrote:
    > "Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message
    >> csheppard91 wrote:
    >>> I am wondering where can I download RedHat Linux 7.3 iso images. I
    >>> want to burn them into CDs.
    >>>

    >> I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    >> supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see
    >> someone else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really
    >> sure that is what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start
    >> running an old, obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a
    >> supported version.

    > Actually RH 7.3 has another use , it can be used as a partitioning and
    > formatting tool using the graphical interface of I think , DiskDruid.
    >
    > You boot into disk 1 and go through the preliminaries and then get to the
    > stage of partitioning and formatting a HDD and after that is done ,
    > press Alt-Control-Delete to reboot the system and remove Disk 1 . It's a
    > pity that DiskDruid was dropped after RH 7.3 , It's was a very handy tool
    > because of the graphical interface.

    AFAIK, Disk Druid is still present in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, and
    perhaps RHEL 4 as well. I do not mind Disk Druid, but if I am running a
    machine that is already partitioned and I just want to add a hard drive, or
    fiddle with existing partitions, I just use _fdisk_.

    I do not find a graphical interface valuable enough to track it down. It may
    be there in the binaries somewhere on my system, but I do not know the name
    of it. Probably something like /usr/sbin/redhat-config-network-druid (but
    not that one, of course).

    ^^-^^ 06:10:00 up 22 days, 21:38, 5 users, load average: 4.15, 4.18, 4.12

  10. Re: linux 7.3

    Jean-David Beyer wrote:
    > Sandgroper wrote:
    >
    >>"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

    >>>I threw mine out about two years ago, a little after Red hat stopped
    >>>supporting it. Now they do not support RHL 8 or RHL9 either. I see
    >>>someone else has given you links to where you can get it, but be really
    >>>sure that is what you want to do. It is normally a poor idea to start
    >>>running an old, obsolete, unsupported distro when you can get a
    >>>supported version.

    >>Actually RH 7.3 has another use , it can be used as a partitioning and
    >>formatting tool using the graphical interface of I think , DiskDruid.
    >>
    >>You boot into disk 1 and go through the preliminaries and then get to the
    >> stage of partitioning and formatting a HDD and after that is done ,
    >>press Alt-Control-Delete to reboot the system and remove Disk 1 . It's a
    >>pity that DiskDruid was dropped after RH 7.3 , It's was a very handy tool
    >>because of the graphical interface.
    >>

    > AFAIK, Disk Druid is still present in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, and
    > perhaps RHEL 4 as well. I do not mind Disk Druid, but if I am running a
    > machine that is already partitioned and I just want to add a hard drive, or
    > fiddle with existing partitions, I just use _fdisk_.
    >
    > I do not find a graphical interface valuable enough to track it down. It may
    > be there in the binaries somewhere on my system, but I do not know the name
    > of it. Probably something like /usr/sbin/redhat-config-network-druid (but
    > not that one, of course).

    I can tell you Disk Druid is present in CentOS 4.2 as well.

  11. Re: linux 7.3

    Bruce Coryell wrote:

    > I can tell you Disk Druid is present in CentOS 4.2 as well.

    True enough (at install time), but not at run time as I believe the O.P. wants.

    ^^-^^ 11:20:00 up 23 days, 2:48, 6 users, load average: 4.09, 4.14, 4.10

  12. Re: linux 7.3

    "Jan Gerrit Kootstra" wrote in message
    news:73a55$43eef0eb$50396f05$25664@news.chello.nl. ..
    > Sandgroper wrote:
    >

    > RHEL still uses DiskDruid in anaconda to manage partitions.
    >
    > What I miss in all versions of Red Hat also in RHEL is a DiskDruid for a
    > running system (as a tool).

    The way that I have used DiskDruid is on problem dual boot systems with
    Linux/Windows , because DD is a GUI , it is very quick and easy to use ,
    particularly when you go to select the file system for the new disk/partition
    , you just select it from the list.

    The particular DD I am referring to was in the RH 7.1 - RH 7.3 versions.

    Yeah , it would be good if DD was still available for running systems.

    --
    ------------------------------------
    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    ------------------------------------
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

  13. Re: linux 7.3

    > I do not find a graphical interface valuable enough to track it down. It may
    > be there in the binaries somewhere on my system, but I do not know the name
    > of it. Probably something like /usr/sbin/redhat-config-network-druid (but
    > not that one, of course).

    What I am really referring to is that you can use Disk 1 of RH 7.1 - RH 7.3 as
    a stand alone partitioning and formatting tool to fix problem HDDs ,
    particularly with dual boot systems , it is fast and easy and it does what you
    want.

    --
    True Multitasking is having three computers and a chair with wheels.

    Sandgroper
    Remove KNICKERS to Email
    steveray@KNICKERSiinet.net.au

+ Reply to Thread