List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS - Redhat

This is a discussion on List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS - Redhat ; Hello, I'm hoping to find a list of rpms for RH Enterprise Linux ES and also for EL WS. I poked around on the RH web site but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any information. Robert Dodier...

  1. List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS

    Hello,

    I'm hoping to find a list of rpms for RH Enterprise Linux ES and also
    for EL WS.
    I poked around on the RH web site but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks for any information.

    Robert Dodier

  2. Re: List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS

    robert.dodier@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm hoping to find a list of rpms for RH Enterprise Linux ES and also for
    > EL WS. I poked around on the RH web site but couldn't find anything.
    > Thanks for any information.

    You should go here: http://www.redhat.com/
    Click "Red Hat Network"
    Put your login and password in "Log in to Red Hat Network" box
    Click "Software Downloads" on left of screen

    You then choose what you want. They have RHEL4, RHEL3, and REHL2.1

    ^^-^^ 14:50:00 up 17 days, 6:18, 5 users, load average: 4.20, 4.24, 4.21

  3. Re: List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS

    Jean-David Beyer wrote:

    > You should go here: http://www.redhat.com/
    > Click "Red Hat Network"
    > Put your login and password in "Log in to Red Hat Network" box
    > Click "Software Downloads" on left of screen
    >
    > You then choose what you want. They have RHEL4, RHEL3, and REHL2.1

    Thanks, that is useful info. However, I don't want to download the
    iso's,
    I just want to see a list of rpms so I can compare what are the
    applications provided by each one. I guess I could download the iso's
    and then see what's on them but that seems like more work than it
    needs to be.

    Thanks for your help,
    Robert Dodier

  4. Re: List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS

    On 06 Feb 2006 in linux.redhat, wrote:

    > Thanks, that is useful info. However, I don't want to download the
    > iso's,
    > I just want to see a list of rpms so I can compare what are the
    > applications provided by each one. I guess I could download the iso's
    > and then see what's on them but that seems like more work than it
    > needs to be.

    DistroWatch lists many (but not all) packages which a large number of
    distros have:

    http://distrowatch.com/

    Also, you can get a fair amount of information with some creative
    searching at RPM Find:

    http://rpmfind.net/

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/

  5. Re: List of rpms for Enterprise Linux ES and WS

    robert.dodier@gmail.com wrote:
    > Jean-David Beyer wrote:
    >
    >> You should go here: http://www.redhat.com/ Click "Red Hat Network" Put
    >> your login and password in "Log in to Red Hat Network" box Click
    >> "Software Downloads" on left of screen
    >>
    >> You then choose what you want. They have RHEL4, RHEL3, and REHL2.1

    > Thanks, that is useful info. However, I don't want to download the iso's,
    > I just want to see a list of rpms so I can compare what are the
    > applications provided by each one. I guess I could download the iso's and
    > then see what's on them but that seems like more work than it needs to
    > be.

    You can get a list of the packages by groping around there. You can even
    download individual packages if you wish.

    ^^-^^ 21:20:00 up 17 days, 12:48, 4 users, load average: 4.06, 4.14, 4.13

+ Reply to Thread