How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD? - Redhat ; Pardon my ignorance guys. I've got a Fedora 4 core DVD from Linux Magazine. I run Widows XP, but have a partition set aside for Linux. What do I do now? There is no obvious setup program on the DVD. ...

  1. How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD?

    Pardon my ignorance guys.

    I've got a Fedora 4 core DVD from Linux Magazine. I run Widows XP, but have
    a partition set aside for Linux.

    What do I do now?

    There is no obvious setup program on the DVD.

    Thanks in anticipation

  2. Re: How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD?

    Broons Bane wrote:
    > Pardon my ignorance guys.
    >
    > I've got a Fedora 4 core DVD from Linux Magazine. I run Widows XP, but have
    > a partition set aside for Linux.
    >
    > What do I do now?
    >
    > There is no obvious setup program on the DVD.
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation

    Fedora requirea you to boot the installation CD or DVD to carry out the
    install. Check your BIOS settings for boot device order settings, and
    set your DVD drive to boot ahead of your hard drive. Then put the DVD
    in and let the computer boot up on it (it will actually boot into Linux
    from a run time version on the DVD, then start you on the install).

  3. Re: How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD?

    "Broons Bane" writes:

    > Pardon my ignorance guys.
    >
    > I've got a Fedora 4 core DVD from Linux Magazine. I run Widows XP, but have
    > a partition set aside for Linux.
    >
    > What do I do now?
    >
    > There is no obvious setup program on the DVD.
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation

    Hello,
    there should be some hints in the Magazine.
    You should boot your PC from the DVD and follow the instructions.
    But be warned: I would really suggest to read a lot of introductory
    texts, before trying to work with it.
    Alois

  4. Re: How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD?

    > there should be some hints in the Magazine.

    I've got the mag, and "hints" is a very generous term.
    It just says "after booting", with out mentioning what is booted. I can
    see how broons bane was confused.

  5. Re: How to install Fedora from Linux Magazine DVD?

    "decrepit" wrote in message
    news:43e3519b$0$26131$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

    >> there should be some hints in the Magazine.

    > I've got the mag, and "hints" is a very generous term.
    > It just says "after booting", with out mentioning what is booted. I can
    > see how broons bane was confused.

    You are right sir! No tips from the mag

    However, I changed the boot order on my bios and have now got it installed
    successfully.

    Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread