How to disable "inactivity" screen lock on Fedora Core 4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to disable "inactivity" screen lock on Fedora Core 4 - Redhat ; Hi Everyone, I recently installed RedHat Fedora Core 4 on my system. I would really like to find a way to stop the screen lock from kicking in after a period of inactivity. I find that every time I go ...

  1. How to disable "inactivity" screen lock on Fedora Core 4

    Hi Everyone,

    I recently installed RedHat Fedora Core 4 on my system. I would really
    like to find a way to stop the screen lock from kicking in after a
    period of inactivity. I find that every time I go away from my desk I
    have to enter a password to get back in to the desktop.

    I am currently using the GNOME desktop and have searched through every
    configuration screen i can find but just cannot seem to be able to find
    a way to change this.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Neal

  2. Re: How to disable "inactivity" screen lock on Fedora Core 4

    On 2 Feb 2006 13:24:23 -0800, "nealweston@bellsouth.net"
    wrote:

    >Hi Everyone,
    >
    >I recently installed RedHat Fedora Core 4 on my system. I would really
    >like to find a way to stop the screen lock from kicking in after a
    >period of inactivity. I find that every time I go away from my desk I
    >have to enter a password to get back in to the desktop.
    >
    >I am currently using the GNOME desktop and have searched through every
    >configuration screen i can find but just cannot seem to be able to find
    >a way to change this.
    >
    >Any help much appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Neal

    From the gnome panel: Desktop/Preferences/Screensaver

    From the command line: /usr/bin/xscreensaver-demo

  3. Re: How to disable "inactivity" screen lock on Fedora Core 4

    Thanks very much! I must have looked at that screen at least 5 times
    and just didn't see that option until now. Guess I must be more tired
    than I thought.

    Thanks for your help.

    Neal

+ Reply to Thread