How to close local terminal keeping remote process unterminated - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to close local terminal keeping remote process unterminated - Redhat ; Dear all, Is it possible to close my local terminal while keeping remote job (initiated from the terminal) running? It looks like as soon as I close the terminal, the remote job is automatically terminated. The background command "bg" didn't ...

  1. How to close local terminal keeping remote process unterminated

    Dear all,

    Is it possible to close my local terminal while keeping remote job
    (initiated from the terminal) running? It looks like as soon as I close
    the terminal, the remote job is automatically terminated. The
    background command "bg" didn't work.

    Thank you in advance!
    Sang-Ho

  2. Re: How to close local terminal keeping remote process unterminated

    Sang-Ho Yun writes:
    >Dear all,
    >
    >Is it possible to close my local terminal while keeping remote job
    >(initiated from the terminal) running? It looks like as soon as I close
    >the terminal, the remote job is automatically terminated. The
    >background command "bg" didn't work.
    >
    >Thank you in advance!
    >Sang-Ho

    man nohup

    scott

  3. Re: How to close local terminal keeping remote process unterminated

    On 2006-01-31, Sang-Ho Yun wrote:

    > Is it possible to close my local terminal while keeping remote job
    > (initiated from the terminal) running? It looks like as soon as I close
    > the terminal, the remote job is automatically terminated. The
    > background command "bg" didn't work.

    "man screen"

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)