redhat global filesystem without clustering software - Redhat

This is a discussion on redhat global filesystem without clustering software - Redhat ; Hi, We are trying to install the redhat global filesystem in the following environment: 1 sun storedge 3510 disk array directly connected to 4 intel servers via fiber connections. We will be running RHEL4 on the intel servers. (this is ...

  1. redhat global filesystem without clustering software

    Hi,

    We are trying to install the redhat global filesystem in the following
    environment:

    1 sun storedge 3510 disk array directly connected to 4 intel servers via
    fiber connections. We will be running RHEL4 on the intel servers. (this is
    for a small computing grid installation)

    We want the storage to be available via the global filesystem to all 4
    servers. We are experiencing lots of problems, kernel crashes etc.

    Is it possible to use the global file system in this way, or is the use of
    clustering software mandatory ?

    regards,

    Tom.

  2. Re: redhat global filesystem without clustering software

    Tom Van Overbeke wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are trying to install the redhat global filesystem in the following
    > environment:
    >
    > 1 sun storedge 3510 disk array directly connected to 4 intel servers via
    > fiber connections. We will be running RHEL4 on the intel servers. (this is
    > for a small computing grid installation)
    >
    > We want the storage to be available via the global filesystem to all 4
    > servers. We are experiencing lots of problems, kernel crashes etc.

    Yes, Doc, it hurts. Now cure me. Think we could use more info?

    > Is it possible to use the global file system in this way, or is the use of
    > clustering software mandatory ?

    Just where, what are you having problems with? Just what are you
    wanting this setup to accomplish? What are your priorities re:
    features?

    Go through this with a keen eye and see if it will serve your
    needs/goals.
    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/c...owse/rh-cs-en/

    Many of the components originate here:
    http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

    Some aditional and perhaps more to your purpose info can be seen here:
    http://www.linux-ha.org/

    Psychic abilities over the internet are over rated. You'll have to
    help us out.

    cheers,
    prg

+ Reply to Thread