text terminal in fc4 - Redhat

This is a discussion on text terminal in fc4 - Redhat ; How come in fc4 someone decided to shrink the text area, change the colors, and surround it by a colored box? More often than not I can't use my virutal text terminals. How do I disable this? This is on ...

  1. text terminal in fc4

    How come in fc4 someone decided to shrink the text area, change the
    colors, and surround it by a colored box? More often than not I can't
    use my virutal text terminals. How do I disable this? This is on my
    compaq 730us laptop.

  2. Re: text terminal in fc4

    Joseph Shraibman wrote:
    > How come in fc4 someone decided to shrink the text area, change the
    > colors, and surround it by a colored box? More often than not I can't
    > use my virutal text terminals. How do I disable this? This is on my
    > compaq 730us laptop.

    "text terminal" = Konsole, Gnome Terminal, Xterm, RxVt... which one?

    "decided to shrink" = Is this a complaint with the default size?

    "surrounded it by a colored box" = Is this the window frame you are
    describing?

    It would probably be easy to answer your question, but I'm having
    trouble understanding your choice of words. The answer would depend on
    which desktop or window manager you are using. If that means nothing to
    you, then perhaps you simply login and take what comes; that would be
    GNOME. Putting a colored frame around the terminal emulator is how
    things work in the Linux GUI. Care to try again describing your problem?

    --
    Ed Hurst

+ Reply to Thread