How to disable floppy module on Fedora core 4? - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to disable floppy module on Fedora core 4? - Redhat ; Hello, Is there any way of disabling the floppy module on fedora core 4? I don't have a floppy drive and i would like to disable this module. I added the followinf lines to the modprobe.conf file but with no ...

  1. How to disable floppy module on Fedora core 4?

    Hello,

    Is there any way of disabling the floppy module on fedora core 4? I
    don't have a floppy drive and i would like to disable this module.
    I added the followinf lines to the modprobe.conf file but with no
    results:
    alias /dev/floppy off
    alias /dev/fd* off

    Any sugestions?

    Thanks

    Attila

  2. Re: How to disable floppy module on Fedora core 4?

    attila.kovari wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there any way of disabling the floppy module on fedora core 4? I
    > don't have a floppy drive and i would like to disable this module.
    > I added the followinf lines to the modprobe.conf file but with no
    > results:
    > alias /dev/floppy off
    > alias /dev/fd* off

    alias floppy off