Configuring comman line console - Redhat

This is a discussion on Configuring comman line console - Redhat ; I just installed FC4, and changed the run level to 3 so as to boot to a command line console rather than the Xwindows system. The problem I am having is that in this mode directory names are displayed in ...

  1. Configuring comman line console

    I just installed FC4, and changed the run level to 3 so as to boot to a
    command line console rather than the Xwindows system. The problem I am
    having is that in this mode directory names are displayed in dark blue
    against the black background of my monitor which makes them just about
    unreadable. Is there a configuration file I can edit to change the color
    configuration for the command line console?

    Thanks,

    /Bob

  2. Re: Configuring comman line console

    Bob Erdmann wrote:

    I already answered your question in the newsgroup alt.os.linux.redhat

    For the future lease read;
    http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/smart-questions.html

    And welcome to Linux!!

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  3. Re: Configuring comman line console

    Thanks for the tip, Lenard. I wasn't sure which forum the question belonged
    in, having no experience with any of them. I'm having a ball with Linux.
    I'm an M$ windows user from way back around Version 2.?, and wrote a lot of
    assy code for HP when I worked there as an R&D engineer in their logic
    analyzer labs in Colorado Springs. I've kind of gotten fed up with Billy
    Gates so decided to give Linux a whirl - so far I'm pretty impressed.

    Thanks for the help,

    /Bob

    "Lenard" wrote in message
    news:h4byf.8762$dW3.4294@newssvr21.news.prodigy.co m...
    > Bob Erdmann wrote:
    >
    > I already answered your question in the newsgroup alt.os.linux.redhat
    >
    > For the future lease read;
    > http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/smart-questions.html
    >
    > And welcome to Linux!!
    >

    > --
    > "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    > Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."
    > Andrew Moss, Microsoft's senior director of technical policy, 2005

+ Reply to Thread