multipath tool for RedHat - Redhat

This is a discussion on multipath tool for RedHat - Redhat ; Hi, Are there any multipath (load-balancing and fail over) tools for RedHat? I would like to use Hitachi storage via Fibre Channel using 2+ paths. Therefore, I need a software for multipath. I do not want to use HDS' HDLM ...

  1. multipath tool for RedHat

    Hi,

    Are there any multipath (load-balancing and fail over) tools for
    RedHat? I would like to use Hitachi storage via Fibre Channel using 2+
    paths. Therefore, I need a software for multipath. I do not want to use
    HDS' HDLM (Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager) because of its supporting
    issues.

    Thanks and best regards,
    Mehmet

  2. Re: multipath tool for RedHat

    mhmtzdmr@gmail.com writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Are there any multipath (load-balancing and fail over) tools for
    >RedHat? I would like to use Hitachi storage via Fibre Channel using 2+
    >paths. Therefore, I need a software for multipath. I do not want to use
    >HDS' HDLM (Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager) because of its supporting
    >issues.
    >
    >Thanks and best regards,
    >Mehmet

    Redhat 4.2 includes the multipath support provided by dm-mapper & friends.

    The qlogic drivers (available from qlogic) also support multipathing, but
    it is a bit flakey on 4.2 and they do strange things with the /dev/ namespace.

    scott

+ Reply to Thread