how can I change my screen resolultion??? - Redhat

This is a discussion on how can I change my screen resolultion??? - Redhat ; Hy everybody! I've an easy question: I want to change the screen resolution at the booting screen. How can I do it? Thanks for everybody... FFiRE...

  1. how can I change my screen resolultion???

    Hy everybody!

    I've an easy question: I want to change the screen resolution at the
    booting screen. How can I do it?

    Thanks for everybody... FFiRE

  2. Re: how can I change my screen resolultion???

    FrozenFiRE wrote:

    > Hy everybody!
    >
    > I've an easy question: I want to change the screen resolution at the
    > booting screen. How can I do it?

    Maybe something like system-config-display or redhat-config-display or
    Xconfigurator or vga=791 or ?????

    Why not tell us what version of Linux your using and what you really mean by
    the 'booting screen'.

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

  3. Re: how can I change my screen resolultion???

    Booting srceen = when I select Linux (FedoraCore4) in the bootmenu,
    then the information is in a graphical frame, which resolution is too
    big...

  4. Re: how can I change my screen resolultion???

    FrozenFiRE wrote:

    > Booting srceen = when I select Linux (FedoraCore4) in the bootmenu,
    > then the information is in a graphical frame, which resolution is too
    > big...

    Resolution at this time is handled at boot time using the kernel line in
    grub, try something like for example;

    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.14.3 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet vga=791

    The screen resolution will be at 1024x768x64-k colors or
    128 cols + 48 lines. See the table below for other resolutions and color
    depths. (Best viewed with a mono-space font)

    Colors 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024

    256 769 771 773 775

    32k 784 787 790 793

    64k 785 788 791 794

    16M 786 789 792 795

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."
    Andrew Moss, Microsoft's senior director of technical policy, 2005

+ Reply to Thread