cannot create a bootable cd or diskette - Redhat

This is a discussion on cannot create a bootable cd or diskette - Redhat ; Have tried certos and fedora redhat and cannot figure out how to get it to install. R --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0549-1, 12/05/2005 Tested on: 12/5/2005 4:27:41 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. ...

  1. cannot create a bootable cd or diskette

    Have tried certos and fedora redhat and cannot figure out how to get it to
    install.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0549-1, 12/05/2005
    Tested on: 12/5/2005 4:27:41 PM

  2. Re: cannot create a bootable cd or diskette

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:27:34 -0500, R wrote:

    > Have tried certos and fedora redhat and cannot figure out how to get it to
    > install.
    >

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0549-1, 12/05/2005
    > Tested on: 12/5/2005 4:27:41 PM

    gentoo has an excellent page on burning isos

    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#isoburning

    although I suggest you add a step.
    Before you burn an image, get a md5sum program and double check the
    integrity of your iso image by getting the md5sum of your file and
    comparing it with the list on the main download site for your distro of
    choice to make sure you havent had any downloading issues

    HTH

  3. Re: cannot create a bootable cd or diskette

    Shane wrote:

    > On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:27:34 -0500, R wrote:
    >
    >> Have tried certos and fedora redhat and cannot figure out how to get it
    >> to install.

    > gentoo has an excellent page on burning isos
    >
    > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#isoburning
    >
    > although I suggest you add a step.
    > Before you burn an image, get a md5sum program and double check the
    > integrity of your iso image by getting the md5sum of your file and
    > comparing it with the list on the main download site for your distro of
    > choice to make sure you havent had any downloading issues

    FYI: you'll need the SHA1SUM program for Fedora Core 4

    --
    "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
    Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

+ Reply to Thread