How to modify gnome-terminal startup options - Redhat

This is a discussion on How to modify gnome-terminal startup options - Redhat ; I would like to modify gnome-terminal to startup a shell which executes /etc/profile under bash. What is a proper way to do this?...

  1. How to modify gnome-terminal startup options

    I would like to modify gnome-terminal to startup a shell which executes
    /etc/profile under bash.
    What is a proper way to do this?

  2. Re: How to modify gnome-terminal startup options

    ekleinberg@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I would like to modify gnome-terminal to startup a shell which executes
    > /etc/profile under bash.
    > What is a proper way to do this?

    Why not put it into .bashrc if you want to do it everytime you start up an
    xterm, or in .bash_profile if you want to do it only each login shell?

    ^^-^^ 10:25:00 up 8 days, 20:55, 5 users, load average: 4.06, 4.18, 4.17

+ Reply to Thread