maillog properties - Redhat

This is a discussion on maillog properties - Redhat ; How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? I know that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going through maillog.4. How can I set the properties of how many days one of these ...

  1. maillog properties

    How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? I know
    that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going
    through maillog.4. How can I set the properties of how many days one
    of these logfiles is? or how large it can get before the next one is
    created? Thanks.

  2. Re: maillog properties

    google@accorders.com wrote:
    > How does one edit the properties of the /var/log/maillog file? I know
    > that the log files are done with maillog being most recent and going
    > through maillog.4. How can I set the properties of how many days one
    > of these logfiles is? or how large it can get before the next one is
    > created? Thanks.

    man logrotate

    ^^-^^ 07:20:00 up 1 day, 17:49, 3 users, load average: 4.19, 4.20, 4.18

+ Reply to Thread