iptables -F - Redhat

This is a discussion on iptables -F - Redhat ; Every time I reboot the computer I have to disable the firewall and do a flush so that my samba works, Do you know who to make it stay disabled forever ? This is what I have to do all ...

  1. iptables -F

    Every time I reboot the computer I have to disable the firewall and do a
    flush so that my samba works, Do you know who to make it stay disabled
    forever ?

    This is what I have to do all the time after boot up :

    service iptables stop
    iptables -F

  2. Re: iptables -F

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:58:45 +0000, Enrique A wrote:

    > Every time I reboot the computer I have to disable the firewall and do a
    > flush so that my samba works, Do you know who to make it stay disabled
    > forever ?

    Don't load it in the first place: chkconfig --levels 0123456 iptables off

    ....or you could simply add the rules to let the samba traffic go where it
    needs to go.

    If your machine is on the internet it will only last about 20 minutes
    without a firewall before it's zombified.

  3. Re: iptables -F

    "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.11.18.19.15.41.228079@you.now...
    > On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:58:45 +0000, Enrique A wrote:
    >
    >> Every time I reboot the computer I have to disable the firewall and do a
    >> flush so that my samba works, Do you know who to make it stay disabled
    >> forever ?

    > Don't load it in the first place: chkconfig --levels 0123456 iptables off
    >
    > ...or you could simply add the rules to let the samba traffic go where it
    > needs to go.
    >
    > If your machine is on the internet it will only last about 20 minutes
    > without a firewall before it's zombified.
    >
    > --
    > The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history.

    Thanks,it worked out great!

+ Reply to Thread