Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7 - Redhat

This is a discussion on Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7 - Redhat ; Jean-David Beyer wrote: >> I just tried it on a forth system, a dual Xeon with ATI graphics >> running a 2.6.12 SMP kernel. Same story, opening a menu causes it to >> grab an additional 11M every time you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7

    Jean-David Beyer wrote:

    >> I just tried it on a forth system, a dual Xeon with ATI graphics
    >> running a 2.6.12 SMP kernel. Same story, opening a menu causes it to
    >> grab an additional 11M every time you open the menu bar. All systems
    >> are running FC3 and Acroread 7.0.1.
    >>

    > Funny, my machine is dual Xeon with ATI graphics (SuperMicro X5DP8-G2
    > m.b.) running on
    >
    > kernel-smp-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL
    >
    > I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 ES. and Acroread 7.0.0 from
    > 03/11/2005

    Been following this a bit, I'm not seeing a memory leak on either;

    Laptop (Acer 280 with a vanilla 2.6.12.5 kernel Intel graphics)
    Fedora Core 4 based

    Desktop (AMD 2800 with a vanilla 2.6.12.4 kernel MGA G450 graphics)
    CentOS 4.1 based

    both have are KDE 3.4.2 desktops (from the development site) with xorg
    6.8.2-37 rpms installed (no 3rd party video drivers on either system).

    AdobeReader_enu-7.0.1-1.i386.rpm
    Build Date: Thu 28 Jul 2005 02:03:20 PM EST

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted

  2. Re: Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7

    > Been following this a bit, I'm not seeing a memory leak on either;
    >
    > Laptop (Acer 280 with a vanilla 2.6.12.5 kernel Intel graphics)
    > Fedora Core 4 based
    >
    > Desktop (AMD 2800 with a vanilla 2.6.12.4 kernel MGA G450 graphics)
    > CentOS 4.1 based
    >
    > both have are KDE 3.4.2 desktops (from the development site) with xorg
    > 6.8.2-37 rpms installed (no 3rd party video drivers on either system).
    >
    > AdobeReader_enu-7.0.1-1.i386.rpm
    > Build Date: Thu 28 Jul 2005 02:03:20 PM EST

    Just tried it with CentOS 4.1, 2.6.11.5 Kernel and Gnome. I see identical
    behavior, opening a menu adds 11M to the X Server memory.

    The Xorg in FC3 is also 6.8.2 although they built it on 2.6.9, don't know
    if that matters. KDE vs Gnome could have something to do with it.

  3. Re: Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7

    General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > The Xorg in FC3 is also 6.8.2 although they built it on 2.6.9, don't
    > know if that matters. KDE vs Gnome could have something to do with it.

    Maybe, check this out....

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=160137

    --
    Contained within the Microsoft EULA;
    This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Product has resulted
    from accident, abuse, misapplication, abnormal use or a virus.

  4. Re: Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:55:34 +0000, Lenard wrote:

    > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >
    >> The Xorg in FC3 is also 6.8.2 although they built it on 2.6.9, don't
    >> know if that matters. KDE vs Gnome could have something to do with it.
    >>

    > Maybe, check this out....
    >
    > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=160137

    That certainly sound similar. I'll try FC4 and see what happens.

  5. Re: Massive Memory Leak in Acrobat 7

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:37:22 -0400, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:55:34 +0000, Lenard wrote:
    >
    >> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Xorg in FC3 is also 6.8.2 although they built it on 2.6.9, don't
    >>> know if that matters. KDE vs Gnome could have something to do with it.
    >>>

    >> Maybe, check this out....
    >>
    >> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=160137

    > That certainly sound similar. I'll try FC4 and see what happens.

    Mandriva 2005LE has the same behavior so it's not just a Redhat problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2