Hi everybody.

I have a very weird problem with Apache. I use VirtualHosts to put online
18 intranet website. Most of them are just statistic website for different
monitoring system like IP bandwidth, MySQL stat, etc.

Yesterday, I receive a call from someone who told me that the "Global SMTP
Report Website" are unavailable. I do some check and I realize that I got
2 of the 18 website doesn't respond. When I call the website using
Firefox, I just get "Waiting for gsr.intranet.our_corp.com..." and nothing
more. I could let Firefox like that for about few minutes (more than 15)
and nothing more, no error message from Firefox. I also does the same test
with IE and the result is the same.

Both site are written in PHP but I don't think that is the problem because I
got at least 1 other site using PHP (the MySQLPHPAdmin interface) that are
running great and been used by few users everyday.

The DNS resolver works fine and a simple ping to the virtual hostname work
too.

I want to post you the ACCESS_LOG and the ERROR_LOG, but they got nothing.
Both ACCESS_LOG of the faulty site doesn't contain log for the past 3 days.
It's look that the problem occur last Saterday because it's the last log I
got in it. The ERROR_LOG are unique for all virtual host and it contain
only one line related to the request I did :
[Tue Aug 23 10:39:52 2005] [error] [client 10.157.17.140] File does not
exist: /disk01/web/gsr.intranet.our_corp.com/favicon.ico
That is normal because I didn't put favicon stuff and I Firefox search for
it.

I also try to restart the HTTPD deamon but still the same.

The server is a Compaq Proliant DL-360 dual-processor installed with Linux
Fedora Core 1 (2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp).

The software installed :
Apache 2.0.47-10
Php 4.3.3-6
Perl 5.8.1-92
MySQL 3.23.58-4 (located on a separated server)

The conf :
Basic configuration are in /etc/htppd/conf/httpd.conf
VirtualHost configuration are in separated file in /etc/httpd/conf.d
Of course, httpd.conf include the Include conf.d/*.conf statement.

If someone could help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve.

p.s. If you need more information, let me know, I will post it as request.