dhcp debug tools? - Redhat

This is a discussion on dhcp debug tools? - Redhat ; How can I view the current dhcp assignments (IP, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS, lease expiration, ...) in fedora using command mode, and using gnome gui? In the windows world, I would use a command mode program call ipconfig. Wonder ...

  1. dhcp debug tools?

    How can I view the current dhcp assignments (IP, subnet mask, default
    gateway, DNS, lease expiration, ...) in fedora using command mode, and using
    gnome gui?

    In the windows world, I would use a command mode program call ipconfig.
    Wonder how it is done in linux.

  2. Re: dhcp debug tools?

    peter wrote:
    > How can I view the current dhcp assignments (IP, subnet mask, default
    > gateway, DNS, lease expiration, ...) in fedora using command mode, and using
    > gnome gui?
    >
    > In the windows world, I would use a command mode program call ipconfig.
    > Wonder how it is done in linux.

    Peter,

    Commandline: ifconfig

    Gui depends on the distribution.

    Regards,

    Jan Gerrit

  3. Re: dhcp debug tools?

    In article , peter wrote:
    :How can I view the current dhcp assignments (IP, subnet mask, default
    :gateway, DNS, lease expiration, ...) in fedora using command mode, and using
    :gnome gui?

    cat /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-*.leases

    --
    Bob Nichols AT comcast.net I am "rnichols42"

+ Reply to Thread