Mount windows network partition on startup ? - Redhat

This is a discussion on Mount windows network partition on startup ? - Redhat ; Hi, Have seen many posts on mounting a local windows drive on startup. What we are looking to do, if possible, is mount a windows partition on a network server so that we can read/write to it (for backup). Want ...

  1. Mount windows network partition on startup ?

    Hi,
    Have seen many posts on mounting a local windows drive on startup.
    What we are looking to do, if possible, is mount a windows partition on
    a network server so that we can read/write to it (for backup). Want to
    do this on startup. If the network is called MYNET and the server is
    MYSERVER and the volume is MYVOLUME
    how would you do this ?
    Since this is a RH3 server running oracle 9i, and the user is
    ORACLE would you create a vfat volume or could this be done with samba
    ?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Steve.

  2. Re: Mount windows network partition on startup ?

    Steve wrote:

    > Any ideas greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Steve.

    http://www.justlinux.com/nhf/Filesys...rmanently.html

  3. Re: Mount windows network partition on startup ?

    Lenard you ROCK !!!!!! Thank you so much for the helpfull link. Steve.

  4. Re: Mount windows network partition on startup ?

    Steve wrote:

    > Lenard you ROCK !!!!!! Thank you so much for the helpfull link.

    Your welcome and thanks for the feedback.

    It would be nice for you to send Ray Cowan (click on his name) a word of
    thanks.

  5. Re: Mount windows network partition on startup ?

    Done !

+ Reply to Thread