FS: Professional Workstation v.3 - Redhat

This is a discussion on FS: Professional Workstation v.3 - Redhat ; Asking $37 shipped to the lower states...

  1. FS: Professional Workstation v.3

    Asking $37 shipped to the lower states

  2. Re: FS: Professional Workstation v.3

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:53:33 +0000, D.J. wrote:

    > Asking $37 shipped to the lower states

    CentOS and Whitebox are free, why would anyone give you a penny for an old
    copy of RHEL since you can't transfer your service agreement to them?

  3. Re: FS: Professional Workstation v.3

    "General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.07.31.12.58.49.194932@yahoo.com...
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:53:33 +0000, D.J. wrote:
    >
    > > Asking $37 shipped to the lower states

    > CentOS and Whitebox are free, why would anyone give you a penny for an old
    > copy of RHEL since you can't transfer your service agreement to them?

    The remaining service agreement, can be transferred and still supported by
    Redhat. When initially released, the Redhat Professional Workstation cost
    $123. What are CentOS and Whitebox? Sounds like leftovers from an old
    gymshoe

  4. Re: FS: Professional Workstation v.3

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:25:35 +0000, D.J. wrote:

    > "General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
    > newsan.2005.07.31.12.58.49.194932@yahoo.com...
    >> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:53:33 +0000, D.J. wrote:
    >>
    >> > Asking $37 shipped to the lower states

    >> CentOS and Whitebox are free, why would anyone give you a penny for an old
    >> copy of RHEL since you can't transfer your service agreement to them?

    > The remaining service agreement, can be transferred and still supported by
    > Redhat. When initially released, the Redhat Professional Workstation cost
    > $123.

    What are CentOS and Whitebox? Sounds like leftovers from an old
    > gymshoe

    They are free versions of RHEL. Centos and Whitebox are built from the
    Redhat sources, the only difference between them and official RHEL is that
    they've removed the Redhat logos. Centos is currently at RHEL 4.1 which is
    the current release. You are trying to peddle an obsolete version of RHEL,
    version 3, a version that was out of date the day Redhat shipped it
    because they chose to use the 2.4 kernel rather than the 2.6 kernel which
    was relatively new at the time.

    You would be better off trying to sell our old gym shoes over the net then
    trying to sell an outdated Linux distribution, nobody gives away new gym
    shoes.

+ Reply to Thread