is uuencode available for EL WS 4? - Redhat

This is a discussion on is uuencode available for EL WS 4? - Redhat ; I just installed EL WS 4 and can't find uuencode. I have some old scripts that need it. Is uuencode available as an rpm, tarball, etc.? And why would RedHat remove it, since uuencode and uudecode are in SUS 3? ...

  1. is uuencode available for EL WS 4?

    I just installed EL WS 4 and can't find uuencode. I have some old scripts that
    need it. Is uuencode available as an rpm, tarball, etc.? And why would RedHat
    remove it, since uuencode and uudecode are in SUS 3?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: is uuencode available for EL WS 4?

    Mike Woinoski wrote:
    > I just installed EL WS 4 and can't find uuencode. I have some old
    > scripts that need it. Is uuencode available as an rpm, tarball, etc.?
    > And why would RedHat remove it, since uuencode and uudecode are in SUS 3?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    It should be in sharutils on disk 4. The original one is 4.2.1-22, but it
    may have been updated by now.

    ^^-^^ 21:40:00 up 43 days, 15:33, 3 users, load average: 5.16, 5.18, 4.99

+ Reply to Thread