My GUI Gnome is not displayed after backup - Redhat

This is a discussion on My GUI Gnome is not displayed after backup - Redhat ; Hi I backup my linux /home/my_workplace from windows. /home/my_workplace is samba to windows as disk Z:. After using windows standard backup and Acebackup software, Gnome displayed partly. So I can not use the system. I do not know how to ...

  1. My GUI Gnome is not displayed after backup

    Hi
    I backup my linux /home/my_workplace from windows. /home/my_workplace is
    samba to windows as disk Z:. After using windows standard backup and
    Acebackup software, Gnome displayed partly. So I can not use the system.
    I do not know how to do. I have tried chmod -R 777 /home/my_workplace,
    but It did not help. Maybe some virus have changed my system?
    Thanks
    ngoc

  2. Re: My GUI Gnome is not displayed after backup

    a wild guess ... would the restore process bring back files
    in DOS mode, CR/LF which UNIX/Linux does not like?

    HTH

    ngoc wrote:

    > Hi
    > I backup my linux /home/my_workplace from windows. /home/my_workplace is
    > samba to windows as disk Z:. After using windows standard backup and
    > Acebackup software, Gnome displayed partly. So I can not use the system.
    > I do not know how to do. I have tried chmod -R 777 /home/my_workplace,
    > but It did not help. Maybe some virus have changed my system?
    > Thanks
    > ngoc

+ Reply to Thread