Mirroring Windows servers with Linux... - Redhat

This is a discussion on Mirroring Windows servers with Linux... - Redhat ; Hey Folks, Disaster recovery sucks! Okay, that said, I'm looking for a Linux solution for mirroring data stored on Windows 2000/2003 servers. My current solution is, ironically, unstable because it relies on the Windows OS it's trying to protect. It ...

  1. Mirroring Windows servers with Linux...

    Hey Folks,

    Disaster recovery sucks!

    Okay, that said, I'm looking for a Linux solution for mirroring data
    stored on Windows 2000/2003 servers. My current solution is, ironically,
    unstable because it relies on the Windows OS it's trying to protect.

    It would be nice if I could capture the entire drive of the servers so
    they could be replicated on new hardware if need be... but I'd settle for
    mirroring the mission critical data.

    I'm currently looking at the possibility of doing this with rsync.

    Anyone have any experience with doing something like this with rsync or
    suggestions of other services I should be looking at?

    thx-

    --
    "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."
    Benjamin Franklin (I didn't know he was a Buddhist)

  2. Re: Mirroring Windows servers with Linux...

    "Ivan Marsh" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.07.21.18.52.01.526618@you.now

    > I'm currently looking at the possibility of doing this with rsync.

    http://www.gaztronics.net/rsync.php do you?

    Vic.